The CRCB provides $500 per week for up to 26 weeks per household for workers:
- Unable to work for at least 50% of the week because they must care for a child under the age of 12 or family member because of schools, day-cares or care facilities that are closed due to COVID-19
- Because the child or family member is sick and/or required to quarantine or is at high risk of serious health implications because of COVID-19
The CRSB provides $500 per week for up to a maximum of two weeks, for workers who:
- Are unable to work for at least 50% of the week because they contracted COVID-19
- Are self-isolated for reasons related to COVID-19
- Have underlying conditions, are undergoing treatments or have contracted other sicknesses tat, in the opinion of a medical practitioner, nurse practitioner, person in authority, government or public health authority, would make them more susceptible to COVID-19
MORTGAGE PAYMENT DEFERRAL
Homeowners facing financial hardship may be eligible for a mortgage payment deferral of up to six months. The deferral is an agreement between you and your lender. Typically, the agreement indicates that you and your lender have agreed to pause or suspend your mortgage payments for a certain amount of time. After the agreement ends, your mortgage payments return to normal and the deferred payments- including principal and accumulated interest- are added to the outstanding principal balance and subsequently repaid throughout the life of the mortgage.
To know if you are eligible for a mortgage payment deferral or to learn what options are available, contact your lender- your bank or mortgage professional.