SPECIAL, ONE-TIME, TAX-FREE, NON-REPORTABLE PAYMENT
Seniors who are eligible for the one-time payment include:
- Holders of a valid Canada Revenue Agency Dis/ability Tax Credit (DTC) certificate
- Beneficiaries as of July 1st, 2020 of:
- Canada Pension Plan Disability
- Québec Pension Plan Dis/ability Pension
- Dis/ability supports provided by Veterans Affairs Canada
This would include a total of $600 in special payments. The one-time payment to persons with dis/abilities would be adjusted to provide a top-up for eligible seniors, including:
- $300 for Canadians who are eligible for the Old Age Security pension and who received the one-time senior’s payment of $300; or
- $100 for Canadians who are eligible for the Old Age Security pension and the Guaranteed Income Supplement or Allowances and ho receive the one-time seniors payment of $500.
REDUCED MINIMUM WITHDRAWALS FOR REGISTERED RETIREMENT INCOME FUNDS
We reduced the required minimum withdrawals from Registered Retirement Income Funds (RRIFs) by 25% for 2020.
SUPPORTING THE DELIVERY OF ITEMS AND PERSONAL OUTREACH
We are contributing $9 million through United Way Canada for local organizations to support practical services o Canadian seniors. These services could include the delivery of groceries, medications or other needed items, or personal outreach to asses individuals’ needs and connect them to community supports. Contact your local organization here: https://www.unitedway.ca/how-we-help/find-your-uwc/