You do not have to apply for the one-time payment, it will be automatically issued to:
- holders of a valid Disability Tax Credit certificate, and
- beneficiaries as at July 1, 2020 of:
- Canada Pension Plan Disability
- Quebec Pension Plan Disability Pension, or
- one of the disability supports provided by Veterans Affairs Canada
If you are eligible but never applied for the Disability Tax Credit, or your certificate expired in 2019, you must do so by September 25, 2020.
We expect to issue the payments beginning this fall. The payment information will be provided on this page once available.
You can visit the COVID-19 benefits finder for more information on the Disability one-time payment or other benefits that you may qualify for.
To confirm your eligibility or to ensure we have up to date address and banking information:
Canada Pension Plan Disability
Disability Tax Credit
Quebec Pension Plan Disability Pension
Veterans Affairs Canada
Online through My VAC Account secure messaging